Thursday, July 22, 2010

A message from my 8 year old daughter

I found this on my desk as I was cleaning today. I have corrected spelling but have otherwise not altered it. I'm pretty sure this girl's going to be an environmentalist.

"We need to start being more green. Not just like picking up litter. We need to start not making big plastic packaging and making stuff half way around the world just because it's cheaper.

"We need to learn from our mistakes, not just keep going and doing the same thing over again or stop doing it but start doing stuff like it.

"We need to look deeper into our problems. For example: Littering is a problem. If you look deeper you'll see that if we made less or none there would still be less. All of our trash, no matter how much we pick up, it will be litter.

"Another problem is the oil spill in the Gulf Coast. What bothers me is that it happened because of what we want. We want big cars. We want to go places in expensive, big automobiles that use a lot of gas. That's why the oil spill happened. We need to do things like only get cars the size you need, plan ahead and get the groceries and other supplies in one trip. Try to walk more.

"Try to help get more Earth-friendly plus listen to kids. You may learn something. "

That's my girl!

1 comment: