Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Words I need to affirm this morning

The last couple of months I've been blogging my way through the Old Testament. This morning I'm taking a short break from that to affirm words of Paul that, for my own reasons, I feel an urgent need to affirm this morning. From Romans:
Romans 8:38-39 TNIV

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I was first introduced to this passage as a youth and it just stuck me. This is, to me, the essence of what we believe as Christians.

I am convinced. It's not just that I suspect or I believe but I am convinced that there is nothing that can separate us from the love of God we have through Jesus.

Nothing that ever has been or ever will be or ever could be. Nothing I have done. Nothing I will do. Nothing I could do.

No pain. No darkness. No sin. No suffering. No disease. No death. Nothing in the entire universe.

Nothing can, nothing could, nothing will separate us from the love we have in Jesus.

Nothing.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment