Friday, August 20, 2010

Almost messed up

I'm a creature of habit. I have my routines and I stick to them. I'm also ALWAYS an early riser. The alarm is set for 5:30 but I never get up that late. It's usually between 4:30 and 5:00. Since I'm already up the responsibility for getting everyone else in the house up when they need to falls to me. I don't mind it. I've got a way of being annoying in the morning (I think I learned it from David Sparks on youth retreats) that translates into people getting out of bed in a hurry.

On school days I start waking the kids up around 6:20 so they can get ready because they need to walk out the door by 6:50 to get to school on time. They don't like this but are learning to live with it. Friday is, although we hate to admit it, still a part of the work/school week. It feels like the weekend but it isn't. At least not until the afternoon. That is, with the exception of today. The kids do not have school today. The why for that is a mystery to me. I'd like to get in on the whole long weekend action but no one offered it to me this week.


So I guess you can see where this is going. I'm a creature of habit. It's a work day. I'm up. It's time for the kids to get up for school. Fortunately as I was about to start singing loudly while jumping on beds (blame David Sparks, I learned from the master of morning motivation) it occurred to me that maybe something was amiss here. Then I remembered letting the kids stay up late last night watching TV and playing video games because (ding ding ding - We have a winner!) they DON'T HAVE SCHOOL TODAY.

Bullet dodged. I think if I had actually pounced my daughter might have killed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment