Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good giving

Luke 21:1-4 (TNIV) -

1 As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2 He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3 "Truly I tell you," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4 All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

My thoughts -

I often allow what I don't think I have affect my generosity. When there is plenty it is very easy to give. When you're not sure if the next paycheck will cover all of the bills giving becomes much more difficult. I wish I had the faith of this woman. I wish I could trust God completely.

I wonder how much my anxiety about money has to do with an attachment to a lifestyle that is not sustainable and a bunch of stuff that I really don't need. It's about time to take a hard look at some things and make some tough decisions. In the meantime I pray to have faith like this woman and to be generous with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment