Monday, February 14, 2011

Bliss is

Today was Monday. I had an objectively bad day. It sucked. I'll spare you the gory details but it was not good. I've been really stressed out and frustrated lately. There's a lot going on that's beyond my control. I don't deal with that well. I don't let go well.

And yet there were moments of bliss. Especially on the bike ride. It's kind of sad when the highlight of you day is your commute but hey, at least I've got that going for me. Anyway, I stopped and took pictures along the way today. If nothing else this is a reminder that even on the darkest day there's a little bit of light. Sometimes you just have to stop and look for it.

This is of the sunrise on the ride to work.

I rode right past this swing and it caught my eye. I'm a little jealous if the kid who gets to swing in it.

The swing has a creek that runs right by it.

Sometimes the sky is just so beautiful.

I need to stop and appreciate life and all that I have more often. I need more peace. I need to be slower to frustration and anger. I need to spend more time in prayer and even more time on the bike.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment