Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The journey

There's a lot to be said for looking at your commute not as a trip to a destination but as a journey. If I was just going from point A to point B today I would have been frustrated. Traffic was awful. I got a late start and ended up getting home almost a half hour later than usual. In the car that is cause for anger. On the bike it was just more time I got to spend outside on a beautiful day. I even stopped a couple of times to take some pictures.

That last one, and you really can't tell from the picture, is of a little rainbow. From where I was biking it looked like it was above my house that was still about five miles away. That was a wonderful image to bike towards. I wish I could have done it justice.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment