Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Quick thought

I am reading through the Old Testament right now and my posting here may be a bit less frequent. I am still planning on blogging my way through the rest of the New Testament but there's only so many hours in a day, you know?

Anyway, I'm in Exodus right now and Moses and Aaron are working on Pharaoh to let the Israelites go. The frog plague just stopped me in my tracks. I get that Pharaoh's magicians are trying to show him that what Moses and Aaron are doing is nothing special, but couldn't they do that some way that doesn't summon more frogs? How useful is it, when you are overrun with frogs, to show that it's not that big a deal by summoning more? That just blew my mind. What was he paying these guys for, anyway?

"Here you go, boss. We got you some more frogs."

These guys were like cartoon villain henchmen.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment