Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another new song

No title or demo for this one yet, either. It's a little more craft than art for my liking, too. But here it is in it's flawed, unfinished glory:

If I repeat myself
I wouldn't think that you could tell
I don't think you've heard a word I've said
At all

I ask what's distracting you
Your face takes on a bluer hue
And now we shall dance with the second chance
And the fall

I choke on the words
You never say
But I can't find the will
To get out of your way

Are we just holding on?
Is the attraction gone?
Have we progressed or regressed I'm depressed
And what does that mean?

Is there nothing left?
Or is what comes next the best?
The superficial is fleetingly flirting
With flying away

So I dominate
What we have to say
And you ruminate
Time is wasting away

I think I'm a clever man
Well I do the best I can
But you don't seem to fall for reason or rhyme
Anymore

Am I what's bugging you?
Would you like a better view?
Or some room to breathe on your own
And something better to be

I stand in the way
And try to hold firm
But the tighter I grip
The more you squirm



No comments:

Post a Comment