Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New song

I'm working on some new material. This one is a bit stream of consciousness.

The play on words
Didn't seem impolite
He knew what I meant
I don't mean to fight

Do you have any change?
I could use some myself
I'm feeling deranged
I'm not of much help

While I wish you well
I can tell from right here
You would spend what I have
On a quest for more beer

But when we ask for change
We expect a reply
And relief from our pain
And a look in the eye

When we speak of grace
What do we expect?
Is it on our terms?
Do we have to be perfect?

When we think of love
Does it condescend?
Does it know what's best?
Does it work out in the end?

The bad guys always lose
And the good guys win
But are they who we chose?
Can we pick sides again?

I know we're not perfect
But does God know we try?
When we get to the pearly gates
Will we look in the eye?

All of the change
We could never provide
Will we take to our graves
All we deny?

The rooster cried three times
But I was unmoved
I had my excuses
What could I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment