Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting tired of this song and dance

I know. Strange for a musician, huh? I've never been much for dancing, any way.

I have gone around and around with Feed Burner and Twitterfeed hoping to be able to sync a blog with Twitter and Facebook. I'm lazy. I don't want to have to link to every post myself. I don't want to have to use my computer. What I want to do is update a blog from my phone from wherever I am (check - thanks Blogger Mobile) and then have it update Facebook and Twitter with a little blurb and a link.

In fact, I could even live without updating Facebook if that made updating Twitter more do-able. I know the technology exists. I know it works because, for one tantalizingly brief moment last night, it worked for me.

I get the issue here. I'm complaining about a "free" service not working the way I want it to. But it's not REALLY free. I may not be paying for it but there are people very hard at work trying to monetize these things and without users that task is impossible. It needs to work first. Then lots of people need to like it. Then use information gathered to make ads that people don't mind clicking on and may, in fact, find useful. This is well covered ground.

So here I am, begging the gods of the interwebs: please make this thing just work. I have a lot I would like to be able to do with this but not much time to mess with it. It just needs to work. Is that too much to ask today?

No comments:

Post a Comment